Monday, January 23, 2012

Carson and his Red Shirt

Now I know that if you read my blog you probably don't see me on a daily, weekly or regular basis. Well except my Mom. :) But if you have seen us since 2012 began then you would have seen my sweet boy in his red shirt. Carson has been wearing the same red shirt, day and night since 2012 began. We make him take it off for church but other than that its just not worth the fight. We are not sure what caused this love affair but every time I think it may have passed and I get him to wear something else to go to bed or something when he wakes up he immediately starts saying, "take this off, take this off. Put on red shirt!" My sweet mother got him these pajamas for Christmas and ordered him another pair for washing. I've alerted all of his friends in his playgroup that I will hand out a reward if they can get him to take it off...none have been able to. I hear this is a two year old thing... let me tell you so fun. :)
He wears it for everything. The other night I couldn't find him when it was time to get ready for bed. I finally went into my room and flipped on the light to find this:
My sweet boy and our sweet dog. The fact that she made room for him is a big deal.
Carson is phasing out his nap and when he is awake and Camilla is sleeping we try to do some fun activities. After our painting day we definitely had to give red shirt a "bath."
He wears it when he hops, hops, hops all over our house. He also went through a brief phase of wanting to wear only my socks, but luckily that has passed.
Even when its freezing outside, he wants to wear only it when he goes to play in his new house. I scored this baby on the side of the road on trash day. I made Aaron pick it up after he got home from work that night.
Carson is in love with drums lately. He turns all of his toys into drums and can find anything to make his drum sticks. One night he came out of my bathroom with two nail files and immediately asked me for his drums. (I use old containers or food storage containers)
Carson is a very unique boy, said with all the love in my heart. Now that being said I better go and do some laundry and wash shirt #1 while my angel boy sleeps.

2 comments:

Jen said...

HALEY! I'm pretty sure our kids are twins. Leila has a pink dress that, if removed, there is hell to pay. Literally. She also lies with our dogs on their bed, wears my socks, and loves drums! Ha. You're probably right about it being a toddler thing, but it sure makes life fun.
P.S. I got this awesome little drum set at Target for her Christmas. It's "B" brand and is not only a drum, but inside the drum is an entire music set. I imagine it would be pretty great for a baby too, lots of fun sounds and stuff. It was $20 and so far worth every penny. Good luck with the shirt, let me know if you have any luck breaking him of that shirt. :)

Jalei & Lane said...

What a cutie pie! We all have our favorite shirts that we just can't live without:)