Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tennessee Trip continued

Part #2 - Knoxville

So after Gatlinburg we went back to Aaron's hotel in Knoxville and we spent a few days there while Aaron worked. It was nice because Aaron's client was a block away from the hotel and he got to leave work every day around 6:30 so we felt spoiled rotten. It was weird to have just Carson all day and no errands or household tasks to perform. Weird in a good way, very relaxing to have someone else clean the room every day. Carson and I spent our days going to the places we could walk to: the pool, the splash park, the library, the park, and the downtown square for lunch. I guess it was all the walking but Carson was soooo hungry on this trip. I guess it could also be all the way yummy food we got, eating out all our meals. :) One day I walked 1.5 miles to the grocery store to get him a few things, I was worn out, only to find out there was a grocery store in downtown...you live you learn. :) I really loved Knoxville, it is such a cute city. I was very glad that we decided to make the trip up to visit Aaron, thanks for spoiling us Aaron!

Our favorite dining spot, we met Aaron here for lunch:
Yummy cupcakes from the bakery:

Downtown park and splash park:
Meeting Dad for lunch at the park:
Dinner at the square:
Introduction to Italian Ice...yummy!
Small splash park in downtown:
The cute library downtown:
So Carson loves watching people play the guitar, he just wanted to stay with these two guys for forever. They were playing him up, giving him high 5s, introducing him to girls, letting him touch the guitar. It was pretty funny.
Sushi Night, who knew Carson would love sushi??
I will save the flight home for its own post, ha ha, it was the worst ever, my fault, not Carson's but a nightmare (Imagine sleeping baby and me with a barf bag)! But I don't want that one, small part of the trip to be in the same posts as all our fabulous fun.

2 comments:

CK Morgan said...

that splashpark looks fun!

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

Looks like so much fun! And makes me kind of sad because we were supposed to move to Knoxville before things got switched to Chicago.

And YAY for getting to see you and actually meet your cute little boy and especially to see you pregnant. Though I don't think it was good for my self esteem to be pregnant with you - who has to be the cutest pregnant person ever!