Monday, June 20, 2011

Congratulations Mom!

So a few weeks ago (I am very behind...I blame pregnancy) my Mom had her retirement party, yes that's right, my Mom retired this year. After many, many years as a Kindergarten teacher she has finally reached retirement. We are all so happy for her and so happy to be able to spend more time with her. I know that she will miss teaching but I think she is very excited to start this next chapter of her life. To celebrate the occasion all of my siblings came in town and we all went to her party. Her party also happened to be the same weekend as my Grandma's birthday so we also celebrated her birthday with a surprise party. So it was fun to spend the day with my cousins and uncles on my mom's side. It was a busy, busy weekend with my family but it was fun to spend time with everyone.

My Grandma's party at Texas, Land, and Cattle (Soooo delicious!!):
(We did not plan to match :)
30 Weeks pregnant: (I am so much bigger than this now, wow, I can't believe it)
At my Mom's party:

2 comments:

allirasmussen@gmail.com said...

you are so tiny! lucky lady ;) you look so cute!!!

Megan said...

My mom FINALLY is done teaching kindergarten, too. She retired last year but went back to work this last year part time as a tutor. Now she is done done and I am so glad!