Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day




(Aaron). I love that picture. Time for my yearly post. I realize this post is a few days late. I also realize that there is kind of a weird thing with blogging women where they hate reading posts from other people who make their lives sound too perfect. I've never understood that. I mean who wants to read depressing things? Anyways, if you are one of those people who hate those kinds of posts, feel free to stop reading. Because I am going to talk about my perfect wife.


Of course she's not actually perfect. She's just perfect for our family. To anyone who knows me I have always been the epitomy of a momma's boy. I don't have a single bad memory of growing up and I've always loved spending time with my mom. Now this can lead to some fairly high expectations when you get married. How grateful I am to see my sweet boy Carson be blessed with such a fun-loving, sweet and kind mother. No mother has ever loved a child more than Haley loves Carson. She spends countless hours reading to him, teaching him, and lots of wrestling. There was a brief moment in time when Carson preferred me. That time has come and gone. He will push me out of the way anytime he has a chance to hug his mom.


Haley is so patient and kind with Carson and me (especially me). Just one story to illustrate. This past weekend we let Carson get in his first hot tub (calm down mothers, the water was lukewarm at best). After about 15 minutes both Haley and I were cold and ready to get out. But not Carson. He was having the time of his life in there. Well me being the selfish person I am, I got out. But sweet Haley sat in that hot tub, with teeth chattering, for 2 hours because she loved seeing Carson having so much fun.


Her family is her highest priority and her greatest joy, and I love her for that. I've loved her more every Mother's day we've shared together.

3 comments:

ambyr said...

all agreed. what an awesome wifey you have!!! she's the greatest and Im sad that I can't have her around me:(( but cheers to you aaron for getting all up in the blog and telling the blog world how much you adore your wife. I see some major brownie points racking up here!!!

Jen said...

That is one of the best mother/child pictures I've ever seen. Haley, it's always been obvious to me that you are a mom who is crazy in love with her kid. It radiates from you.

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

Go Aaron with such a sweet post for Haley! Seriously to die for. Oh and I SHOULD move to TX if only the hubby would get a job down there!