Monday, January 25, 2010

ReMARKable Run


On Saturday Aaron and I ran in a 5K for Mark Evans who is a long time friend of my family, who was critically injured in a motorcycle accident 3 years ago. We had so much fun participating in the run and were happy to see so many people there. This was Aaron's first 5K (well that he can remember) and he ran the whole thing. He has been getting ready for a couple of weeks and he did great. Finding time to work out is tough when you work long hours and I couldn't believe when he would come home and go running after work, late at night, alone, in the rain, he is tough! He had so much fun that he came home talking about us doing a triathlon together this summer, um... we'll see, are there any that don't include swimming? :)

5 comments:

Kari said...

Hopefully I will live in Texas so next year I can participate. :)

Jalei & Lane said...

Good for you guys! I'm with you on the no swimming part. I'd definitely drown.

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

Good job you guys. How fun. :)

Rachelle said...

I haven't checked your blog in awhile so I don't know when you changed your header, but I LOVE it!

And Carter gets cuter and cuter in every picture!

Glad you guys are doing well! Tell Aaron I said hey.

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

yay for 5Ks! Evan's been trying to talk me into a 10K. Pretty sure I can barely run a 5 so best to not push me. So fun that y'all ran it together!