Tuesday, January 5, 2010

6 Months

So my little guy had his 6 month check up yesterday. My goodness, 6 whole months and 3 BIG shots. I went ahead and gave him the flu vaccine. He was a trooper though. His official stats are:


Weight: 16 lbs. 8 oz. (25th)

Height: 27.5 In. (75th)




Head: 17 In. (30th)

I talked to the doctor about my milk and how I was worried it was affecting his weight gain but she said she didn't think so. She thinks he seems extremely active to her and is burning his calories and since I just barely started rice cereal all the additional food will bring his weight gain to where it should be. So that made me feel better. Honestly, I'm super proud of myself for nursing this long. I wasn't sure I would.

Just a few milestones this month:

Sitting up, he still falls over but enjoys sitting and playing with his toys.

Sippy cups, he loves to drink water.


Rice cereal, he loved it! We could not get it to him fast enough. This is the video of his first feeding and as you can see he cried in between each bite because he wanted it so bad.





He has started saying ba, ba, ba and I think ma, ma, ma but I probably imagined it. :)


And, big news is, the First Tooth! He got it right on his 6 month birthday. His Grandpa Pierson found it. Teething is not so much fun.

Other than this he's mostly doing the same things as before grabbing for everything, but started looking for toys when he dropped them. Putting everything in his mouth, laughing more, all the normal stuff I think. Loves for us to sing to him. Still loves his bath time and grabbing our faces.

No hair growth and has kinda lost interest in rolling all the way over. He still doesn't seem to show any hesitation to have other people hold him or new people.

1 comment:

Jalei & Lane said...

He is just so so cute! Were you afraid that your milk was running out? I was afraid that Elliot wasn't getting enough at each feeding, so I have been pumping to make sure I know how many oz she gets. I'm having to supplement with formula about once a day.