Monday, October 5, 2009

3 Months

So I'm a little behind on my blogging. We just got back from a trip to Arkansas to visit Aaron's family and I am still working on getting all those pictures edited (so much red eye with all these blue eyed kids) but I wanted to get Carson's 3 month post up before I forget everything. I knew I was behind on my blog life when Aaron made a comment about a friend's blog that he had read and I hadn't...:)
So my little boy is 3 months old and I can hardly believe it. I feel like he has changed so much this month. He is such a happy boy, I never get tired of just watching him smile at me. In fact much of my day is spent just us smiling back and forth at each other. Changes this month are:
I don't have his stats since he didn't have a check up this month but he still doesn't fit into his 3 month clothes so I'm guessing he's smaller than average?? Not sure really. Sleeping through the night!! Yay!! I'm not sure exactly when it happened but I know at his two month check up he still wasn't but later that week he started sleeping about 8-9 hours. So he sleeps about 12 hours waking up 1-2 times. During the day his naps never last more than an hour. And he usually takes about 3 day time naps. He still cries himself to sleep for his daytime naps (usually) but goes to sleep at night happily and peacfully. (I think this is becaue he has a full tummy) Except last night...not sure what his deal was but he did not want to go to bed at his normal time.
He rolls up on his side. At first he only did it on the right side but he has recently started rolling up on the left side. He spends a lot of time doing this.
He can smile on cue and I'm pretty sure he uses it to his advantage.
He still loves to hold onto my hair. He has since he was a baby, it is his comfort when he is tired.
He has started "talking" a lot. I'm convinced that he really thinks he is communicating with us. I love it because I feel like we are having conversations now instead of just me talking all the time.
No sicknesses this month but I am paranoid about swine flu every day.
He loves his baths, I mean really loves.
He has squealed a few times but I don't think he's given me anything I would constitute a laugh.Not much hair growth this month...maybe next month. :)
He loves for me to hold him standing up.
He loves taking walks in the Bjorn (thank you Brooke). He just stares at the trees and flowers.
Continues to be unaware of what the creature is that licks him and sniffs him.
He sucks on his fist constantly. I can't get him to take a pacifier, ever. He occasionally finds his fingers but oh I count the days until he can because without a pacifier it makes calming down more difficult.
He refused the bottle every time it was offered to him this month, making him unpopular among his babysitters. :) I don't know what changed.
We just think he gets cuter everyday.

4 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

He is SO SO Cute! I love the book pic!

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

Ah, so cute! I'm so sad I wasn't there to see everyone last weekend. I can't believe how big he is getting. Give him a big kiss from Aunt Cassie. Oh, and keep the pictures coming. As for the bottle, I'm sure you've tried this, but the only thing that worked with Abby and Drew and the little Juliet I'm watching, is making that bottle as warm as is humanly possible without burning their mouth, and only then would they take it. Crazy babies. Good luck!

Rachelle said...

So cute! He looks like you in a lot of the pics.

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

Hello Aaron Jr! What a sweetie - I am so in love! I wish we were closer so that I could love on him. What a good mama you are too, getting him sleeping through the night. You rock!