Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Loyal Partner

So one of the main reasons that Aaron and I wanted to get a lab when we got Jo Jo was because labs are runners and I had great visions of her being my running partner. Now I have never, ever had a running partner. I feel like everyone I know has a friend, sister, neighbor, someone with whom they do their runs. Not me, its always just been me and my Ipod, and occasionally a sister-in-law if I'm in Arkansas. I wasn't sure how Jo would take to the early morning runs since, well she was never much of a morning puppy. Well just wanted to illustrate what wakes me up every morning at about 6 or so AM. I never set an alarm clock.
She is the most loyal running partner. She even does this on Sunday mornings and I have to tell her to go back to sleep. On Saturday I was going to leave her behind because she had had a really busy day on Friday with swimming, running, playing, etc. and I wanted to go on a longer run, so I thought she would be too tired. Lets just say the whinning I heard coming from the door after I left her behind made me ache so I turned around grabbed the leash, she got very excited when I came back and ran the whole time. (Then proceeded to sleep the rest of the day, in our bed when weren't home, of course:) Now she follows very closely the whole time I'm getting ready just in case I try that again.

And before I leave I usually put Carson in the bed so if he wakes up it will wake up Aaron and Aaron loves it. It is hard for me to leave though when I turn around see this cuteness.

3 comments:

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

You go girl on the running. I've been trying to do the running thing and I'm just not loving it the way I'm supposed to. I really want to though. I'm sort of loving the elliptical instead. I'm lame, what can I say? :)

Jalei & Lane said...

What a sweet puppy! I can't wait til I'm able to have a dog.

Jen said...

Way to go. I know this post is more about loyal Jo and cute sleeping Carson, but I'm just impressed with your running! Especially in that Texas heat/humidity.

P.S. Aren't dogs the best?