Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Carson Aaron Pierson










(Haley is making me (Aaron) post this. Man, she has one little baby and thinks she can boss me around) Well, little Carson made his debut a week early on Monday night. Haley's water broke after I had left work and my cell phone had died. So my poor wife had to sit at the house and wait for me to get home. As soon as I walked in the door she was coming at me at a million miles an hour with our bag over her shoulder yelling "We're having the baby!" So we sped off in the car only to hit 5:30 rush hour traffic. For those of you who don't know, we live about an hour away from the hospital we were delivering at without traffic. So as Haley's contractions went from 10 minutes apart to 5 minutes apart to 2 minutes apart, I was flying past cars on the shoulder and doubling speed limits, all while my gas gauge went below 'E'. It was 10 or 15 minutes before I thought about the fact that our dog had jumped in the backseat and I had no idea what we were going to do with her. But thankfully we made it to the hospital, and about 3 and 1/2 hours later little Carson was here. He is a wonderful baby and we couldn't feel more blessed.





Haley promises she will resume her normal blogging duties soon with more details and updates.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, hello cute baby! i wish you guys still lived here so i could see him in person :) congrats!!!

Kelsey Kamauu said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! what an exciting entrance into the world! I LOVE the name Carson - and what a cutie! Can't wait for more details! :)

Ashley said...

Oh CONGRATULATIONS!!!! He's absolutley darling - look at his little head of blonde, I love it. I was actually thinking of you last night wondering how you were doing and little Carson is already here!! Bytheway, CRAZY story about getting to the hospital - I'm so glad y'all made it!!!! Can't wait for more updates, congrats!

CK Morgan said...

oh, he is darling! congratulations and i'm glad you made it to the hospital on time. Haley, you look great in your pictures! Post more pictures soon!

Jamie Boyd said...

Wow! What a beautiful little boy! Exactly what I would expect from the two of you. You are such an adorable little family.

carly said...

What a crazy story!! I'm glad everything turned out so great! He's beautiful and you two look thrilled :) congratulations!

Jen said...

Congrats!! I'm so happy for you and I love the name Carson. He looks perfect. Hope your doing well!

Brooke said...

He is so beautiful! Of course you guys make the most darling family. I can't believe that crazy story - especially since I had just left your house a couple hours before that. Can't wait to see him.

Colorado Oldroyds said...

AHHH, Haley, he's perfect! You look great too. Congrats!

Kari said...

Congratulations! I loved a boy named Carson when I was in kindergarten. He cried a lot. :)

Christine said...

oh your little guy is here-now all the fun can start. enjoy every little minute! he's precious!

allirasmussen@gmail.com said...

wow that car drive sounds intense!!! congrats you guys, he is so cute! you are going to be the greatest parents, i'm so excited for you ;)

Ms. Green Eyes said...

He is adorable! And I am so glad her delivery was so quick! I'm praying for that. Congratulations!

Jordan said...

Wow!! Dead phone AND empty on gas!! That's a dramatic story. Carson will love hearing about it. He's beautiful!! Congratulations :)

Jalei & Lane said...

He is so cute & I love the name Carson! How long did you have to wait for Aaron to get home from work?

Balancing Act said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Wow, that's quite a story. He is adorable.

Unknown said...

OH, CONGRATS! HE IS ADORABLE! Can't wait to hear your side of the story Hailey, Aaron made it sound so simple, lol. Congrats again, enjoy it, time flies!

Dana said...

Congratulations you guys! I am so happy for you! He is adorable! And that lucky kid is getting such wonderful parents! By the way- Haley, you look so amazing still in all those pics. I thought girls were supposed to look terrible after giving birth. Not you!

Christy said...

Congrats. That is quite the story just getting to the hospital. He is adorable. I love the pictures.

Dani said...

I'm glad he's here safe and sound. What a great start to the crazy journey ahead for you!

Rachelle said...

He's here! And so cute, congrats!

Great first blog post, Aaron.

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

YAY for pictuers! Have you ever seen a cuter baby????? SOOOOO beautiful - I am DYING! I wish I could hold him and snuggle him! Loved the getting to the hospital story - definitely a fun one. And girl - you had him QUICK!! Post more pics soon.

LOVE YOU! ps - you look amazing!

BKC said...

Congratulations!! And what a great (and very exciting) story you have to tell. It's the first of many incredible memories this lil' guy is going to bring. I'm very happy for you two!!!