Monday, March 30, 2009

26 Weeks and counting...


So I went to the doctor today for my 26 week appointment and we actually thought to take a picture before we left!! So some fun things happening with me lately are:

Big Mac is moving and shaking. It has been so fun to feel him kick me and to let Aaron feel him moving around. I feel him the most at church, I know weird huh?

No one ever asks me if they can touch my belly and I haven't had any strange experiences with people I don't know trying to touch it. People ask me all the time about people always wanting to feel my belly, but it never happens. Maybe when I'm further along.

Big Mac doesn't even weigh 2 pounds yet. Not even 2 pounds...where is ALL this weight I'm gaining going? (Well I know exactly where its going, unfortunately... :) Oh the joys.

I'm feeling great, the 20 week mark was magical for me and I am lovin' this stage of pregnancy. Food is blissful again, cheeseburgers are back in all their glory, and late night ice cream has made its triumphant return! I do also occasionally eat fruits, vegetables, and all that. :)

Swollen feet and ankles are beginning to appear. This is very recent and not fun to come home to. I'm like, "Aaron, look they are bigger", he always says he can't tell. I think he's been trained TOO well, he also tries to tell me that my rear end still looks similar to its pre-pregnancy state, which is laughable, but sweet of him.

I'm still pounding the pavement and loving it. I didn't think I would make it this far but haven't felt the slightest inclination to stop. I'll think again in a couple of weeks but it sounds unlikely to me with April being the best running month here. Although scheduling in all the bathroom breaks is a challenge, I just can't do the treadmill pregnant, it just changes the whole experience for me.

I still haven't signed up for classes at the hospital, I think they are only 4 weeks so I've still got some time. I didn't really want to do them but Aaron thinks they are very important, so he wins. I'll go to the classes and he will take me to the fast food restaurant of my choice afterwards, okay so maybe he hasn't technically agreed to that yet...

No name, nothing people. We don't even really talk about it as much as we used to. I think he might be nameless. Aaron hates everything I suggest, so I've just stopped bringing it up. I don't think we'll make a decision until its crunch time.

Mostly we're just happy he's doing so well and looks healthy. Here's to hoping 14 weeks flies by.

10 comments:

Kari said...

Yay, finally a REAL belly! :)

The Castletons said...

you look so cute! hope pregnancy continues to go well!

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

NOW you look pregnant and adorable. I love it! So, when I was pregnant with Abby the time she was most active was when I was teaching at the MTC and the missionaries were teaching me. I'm talking somersaults and the whole bit. It must be the spirit.

Enjoy this stage, it's wonderful. :) We can't wait to see you guys! 6 weeks and counting...

Jamie Boyd said...

You look so cute. Just for the record... no need to stop running in a few weeks or even a few months. I had my last really good workout the day before Jackson was born... lifting weights, jogging on a elliptical, everything. Labor was so much more work than I thought it would be and I'm really glad I didn't sit around for the last 2 or 3 months. Plus, you get some great looks when you are 9 months huge and working out :) I'm so happy for you! Good luck with everything!

Jen said...

For the record, you are the cutest pregnant woman ever. I'll bet you and Aaron love to feel him move around.
Don't worry about the name, it will come to you. If all else fails you can always keep Big Mac in the mix. :)

Rachelle said...

Do you have a basketball inside your shirt?? Where did that come from?! I guess it's 'cause you're so tiny regularly!

You look great and SO happy!

Anonymous said...

Just have to tell you that you look great!!!!

carly said...

Haley, you look fabulous! And I can't believe you can still run!! You are amazing!!

Jennah said...

You are just too cute!! You look great!

Jalei & Lane said...

NOW I can tell you're pregnant. Such a change from a month ago! Too cute!