Monday, February 16, 2009

Everything you ever wanted to know about Big Mac :)

So I know you all are just dying to hear all about our little Big Mac. First of all, we call him Big Mac because in our very first sonogram the nurse said he was as long as a sesame seed. Well sesame seeds make Aaron think of Big Macs, so we've called him that since then. No, we don't have a name picked out. We talk about it everyday but nothing has jumped out for us. We've narrowed it down to a few but its hard with so many little boys on Aaron's side of the family. I'm due on July 6th, right in the middle of a hot, hot summer. I plan on spending a lot of time in the pool. :)

Stats on Big Mac, he's very long and skinny and loves to show off during his sonograms. I feel him move sometimes, but I haven't felt any big kicks or anything. I'm anxious to feel him move all the time.

I can't believe I made it half way, I feel so much better now than I did before. I was convinced in the beginning that there would be no more Pierson babies... :)

Thanks for all the congratulations, it is so fun to share good news with your friends!

I found out I was pregnant right before Halloween and told Aaron on Halloween with a poem when we spent a couple of days in Brownsville for Aaron to do an inventory. Here's the video clip of when I told him. We were both very, very happy.

10 comments:

The Castletons said...

awww... Aaron's reaction is priceless! congrats again! jono and i are so excited for you!

haha...jono and i were just talking about your other "big mac" story from BYU days. so funny. except Aaron wasn't so good at keeping that one secret :) hope you guys are doing well! we miss you!

carly said...

Aww so cute!! Thanks for sharing that with us all! I'm so happy for you guys! Love that you call him big mac :)

Jalei & Lane said...

That is the sweetest video! I love his expression!

Dani said...

Haley - I found your blog on Kara's...congratulations! Good luck with the pregnancy - especially in the hot, Texas summer! At least you can go to the pool!

Dana said...

I've been terrible at reading blogs lately and I missed this very important piece of news. That will teach me to not keep up with my friends' lives! Congratulations! I'm SO excited for you too! You will be such wonderful parents! Lucky baby!

Kari said...

Cute video! I just wish we could see you too.

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

Hey guys! I'm so glad to hear that things are going well. Don't worry, you'll be feeling that sweet baby before you know it... at all hours of the night. :) I knew Drew was a true Pierson boy when he WOKE UP around midnight (while I was still pregnant). We can't wait to see you. Keep up the good work growing my sweet nephew.

Christy said...

That is so cute. I cried. Thanks for sharing such a special moment with us. I am just so happy for you.

Jen said...

Oh.My.Gosh. That clip is priceless. I love that you filmed him finding out about the baby.

I can't wait to see pictures of "Big Mac." Thanks for sharing all about your little man. I'm so happy for you two.

Michael & Shawna Trimmell said...

Congratulations!!! That video is priceless! My husband and I are also expecting a boy so I know exactly how you feel. Congrats again!! (In case you are wondering who I am, Aaron served his mission in my singles ward back in the day)