Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Hurricane Harvey

 So Aaron went to Houston this past weekend to help with the Hurricane Harvey clean up. This has caused so much devastation and destruction. We are so close to Houston. It has been heart wrenching to see so many people loose so much. I have also been amazing at the out reach. Everywhere we go people are making collections and there were over 10 k Mormon helping hands there on Saturday and over 11 k on Sunday. 

Aaron said the houses are just in awful condition. The mold and smell were awful. 




They are just trying to get houses cleaned out and salvage what can be salvaged of the house. So heart breaking for these people to loose everything. 

This was Aaron's team this weekend. A hard working crew. 


And I just have to give a shout out to Camilla who helped me so much while Aaron was gone. I was downstairs cleaning up after breakfast and all the kids were playing upstairs. It is beyond nice when the kids can take Spencer and play with him and give me a break for a bit. All of a sudden I hear Camilla say to Carson, "Carson I need your help, can you hold Spencer still so I can get a new diaper on him." I went upstairs to find Camilla changing Spencer's poopy diaper. She had gotten him all clean and everything. I didn't ask her to do this, that's just how Camilla is. She wants to be helpful and is such a great big sister. I don't know how I would survive without her. 


We also took a few very long walks to enjoy the cooler weather...finally! The kids love playing on the bars in our neighborhood. 




No comments: