Saturday, September 17, 2016

Mastitis


I unfortuantely came down with mastitis. It was pretty awful. The pain I felt like I could manage with meds but it just completely wiped me out. Like I couldn't get out of bed for days. My whole body ached and the chills were crazy. Thankfully it hit hard on a Friday, I got on antibiotics immediately and Aaron was home all weekend to help me. I have amazing friends who brought over dinner and helped a ton. Aaron's parents came for a couple of days and took care of the kids and then my Mom came for an afternoon to help me as well. I was very well taken care of, but man I still feel like I haven't recovered completely weeks later. It is a serious illness. 

I did not leave the house for several days, like not once. But man it felt good to get outside again. The first thing Brookey wanted to do was go for a walk and push her on the swing. 


Now that is has "cooled off" some - like a few degrees, I have started pushing the littles in the stroller some for runs. Well I decided to head out at 11 am the other day, it was 90 something degrees. SO hot. I was bright red when we got home. This was after I had been cooling down for like 15 minutes. 


Brooke saw me and said, "mom, red my favorite color!" She thought it was awesome. 

And sometimes are you ever amazed at what a mess dinner leaves your kitchen? Dinner always seems like so much work and then its over in like 10 minutes. And yet we keep doing it. 


I have been following a cleaning schedule for a couple of weeks. Brooke helps me with my projects. On kitchen day she likes to clean her slides. :) 


No comments: