Monday, September 26, 2016

100


So this girl of ours finished 100 reading lessons! I can't believe she (we!) made it all the way to the end. At the beginning of the summer I asked the kids if there was anything they wanted to work on over the summer. Camilla said she wanted to "read like Jane." I told her that Jane did this program with 100 reading lessons. She was sure that she wanted to do the same. This program is no joke. It took every last ounce of patience in my being and some days it ended in fits and frustration but we did it! I am so proud of my girl who when she sets her mind to something, she never gives up. 

So we knew we needed a big reward to keep her motivated so she picked out spending the night in a hotel and eating out at a restaurant. So we got a cute hotel in Georgetown and drove up and spent the day/night there. We had a great time. We swam in the pool, we went out to dinner, and we watched movie in the hotel while we ate ice cream.


 It was such a fun night. Then we got up Sunday morning and had a big breakfast (our kids' favorite part) and then went for a walk on a trail they have. It was great and they had parks along the way. 


Then it was time to pack up and head to church. I am so proud of my Camilla, she has worked so hard on her reading and is doing awesome. 

I also deserved some celebration for all the hard work that I put in. So Aaron booked me a massage. So I went for a long run and then got a massage and then came home and got ready and we went out to dinner and dessert. It was a very fun day for me. 

Love being out with this man of mine. 


No comments: