Sunday, September 28, 2014

The Parable of the Lost Bracelet

So last Saturday morning I was out on a walk with my kids when Millie found one of those plastic bracelets all the girls are making these days on the ground. She thought it was the coolest thing and picked it up and kept it. For some reason she really attached herself to this bracelet for a couple of days until we lost it. No big deal right? Wrong. One night this week Carson was reading her a story from "The Friend" about a boy who looses a book with a yellow cover and prays to Heavenly Father and finds the book unexpectedly. The kids were very interested in this story and I told them that Heavenly Father would always help them find things if they pray to Him. 

That night Camilla said the prayer with our family and it was a very sweet, humble prayer. She asked Heavenly Father to please help her find her bracelet. I started to cry, like not tear up, but cry. The whole prayer was so sweet. Her faith is so pure. Aaron and I both just started giving her kisses over and over and she said, "okay,  okay, okay." 

After she went to bed Aaron and I started to tear the house apart looking for this bracelet. We could not find it...anywhere. The next day Camilla remained unfazed. She continued to ask for her missing bracelet in her prayers and Carson started asking for it as well. This was beginning to be a test of Aaron and I's faith as well because this bracelet was not turning up. One day after she prayed for it at her prayer for lunch I started pulling all the bins out of the play area. Camilla asked me what I was doing and I told her I was looking for her bracelet. She said, "don't worry Mommy, Heavenly Father will find my bracelet and bring it to me." 

I felt lost because I wasn't sure how to handle the situation. I felt certain the bracelet was in fact lost and didn't know what to do. I mentioned my dilemma to my friends at Carson's soccer game yesterday and my friend, Jeana, instantly went to work on it. Later that night I got a text message from her that her sweet girls had both made Camilla 2 new bracelets each. She said that the message can be that Heavenly Father always answers our prayers just not always in the way we expect. 

The Baldwins are such good people. We immediately went over there and Camilla was beyond thrilled to have new bracelets. She just keeps talking about them, holding them, sleeping with them, and best of all she knows that Heavenly Father listens to her. I hope this is a lesson she never forgets!



“God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs. " -Spencer W. Kimball



No comments: