Sunday, September 28, 2014

We're just a little bit excited around here

I did a post about running and training hard so that I could qualify for the Boston Marathon when I ran in June. Well registration started a couple weeks ago and it was my turn to register last week. (Those of you not aware, you register for Boston by how much you qualified by. So the fastest people get to register first. Since I only qualified by just over a minute I was in the very last group.) After my registration window closed they announced that the marathon was full and not everyone who registered in my section would get in. I had to wait over a week to hear back what the cut off was for getting in this year. It. Was. Agony. Pure agony I tell you. Everyday I would check their website, facebook page, my email nonstop. I was going crazy over it. They finally announced that they would tell us on Wednesday. I was all over my email on Wednesday, checking every five minutes and getting nothing. Finally the email came at the exact same time as Jeana texted me saying that the time was up. 

I'm in....by one second. 

I was on cloud 9, just floating around the rest of the day. I can not believe how lucky I am and also how close it became. All those people who worked so hard and qualified by less then 1 minute 2 seconds just have to try again next year. My heart breaks for them, just an extra second at an aid station or someone getting in my way at the finish line or Aaron meeting me an extra time, anything, and I would've been one of them. 

My happiness was contagious! 





No comments: