Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Quick to forgive


So you know how sometimes you run errands and you just need to run in real quick and grab something and you can park right by the front door and you don't really want to unbuckle three kids and then re buckle them two minutes later - well I have many of these. It is so much easier to just leave my kids in the car while I run errands but Camilla HATES it. She does not like to be left behind. "I go with you, I go with you." Even when Aaron is in the car and we stop at a gas station for me to use the bathroom on a road trip I take Camilla with me. Well today I had a bunch of errands to run and I needed to stop and simply walk into a small computer shop and pick up Aaron's laptop. Easy, breezy two minute pick up and I did not want to unload the girls again. I distracted Camilla with some snacks and made my move without her. Well two minutes turned into five, then ten and while I was continually checking my car I didn't actually go back to it. Well when I finally made it to the car it was full on panic. Millie was covered in tears screaming, "you leave me, don't leave me, I go with you." Her snack was all over the place and she was trying to break out of her car seat. Of course she had woken up Brooke who was also screaming. It was the absolute saddest sight. I felt horrible, I needed to win my girl back over fast and the fastest way to Millie's heart is with candy and chocolate. I picked up a bag of peanut butter M&Ms at our next stop and suddenly she loved me again. I won't be attempting to leave her behind again any time soon. 

No comments: