Thursday, February 13, 2014

Being 3rd


Some days I have felt like I don't give my sweet Brooke enough attention. She has been such an easy going little baby and demands very little of my attention and thus receives very little of it in return. Some nights I feel really bad and tell Aaron that I hate that I don't have the time to spend one on one time with Brooke. I was feeling particularly guilty the other night and venting to Aaron about I never read to her or sing her songs and I yelled out, "she never even has tummy time because I never have time for it, she's never going to roll over." Aaron calmed me down, like he always does (this is no small feat you know) and assured me that she was just fine and very loved. Sure enough the very next day I had Brooke on the floor in my room while I was getting ready and girlfriend rolled right over. It was a good reminder to me that all the little things are not as important as long as the big things are in place. Brooke is going to be just fine. 

No comments: