Wednesday, July 31, 2013

We Moved


Our summer has been a good one. I would love to say that it has been a great one but in all honesty I just can't. I'm pregnant, I'm sick, I'm pretty much unhappy a lot of the time, Aaron has been traveling, its hot... I could go on but I won't. Yet in spite of me, my kids are happy, healthy and we are making it through a summer of travel. I have actually impressed myself if you want to know the truth. I have found a groove with him being gone and we stick to our routine. I have to plan one activity every day to get me out of bed in the morning but then we are good and breakfast is my one meal that almost always stays down. We are also doing all our normal daily swimming activities, switching between the pool at the gym, the city pools, and our neighborhood pools. I do love summer time and the laid back fun that come with it. 

We decided not to renew our contract in our beloved home on 55 1/2 street. It has been a great one, great location, fabulous neighbors, a bike ride to school but I fear we have outgrown 750 sq. feet and I'm pretty tired of doing my laundry outside. (I know some people have to go to laundry mats, cry me a river, etc. etc.) We found a home northeast of where we live that we like and will be closer to our friends but further away from everything else. We only have one car so we are using a scooter that our dear friends, the Merrises, kindly donated to our cause for this last year of school. I will miss our home. I love it, it holds fond memories but the temptation for cheaper rent and more sq. feet is just too big to pass up. I know my kids will never remember all the fun times we had in our small house but I hope that Aaron and I will. Thanks for the memories. 



No comments: