Sunday, July 7, 2013

Fourth of July Fun


If there is one thing Aaron and I know how to do right, its time off work. :) We were so excited that Aaron had Thursday and Friday off work that we planned fun stuff for for us to do all day long. I personally love the fourth of July, it just might be my favorite holiday. I am proud of the country I live in and grateful for the freedoms my family enjoys. I think often that my sweet children will have every opportunity because of the country we live in. I am grateful to live in the safety that we enjoy and proud to be in a country where we often reach out to help others. 

We decided to go to the parade up in Round Rock, which is a big parade. We were pretty underwhelmed. Whatever happened to floats? It was just decorated cars and trucks throwing out candy. And lots of crazy kids going crazy over this candy. After about 15 minutes and our kids hands both full of gum and tootsie rolls we were ready to move on.



One thing Carson really, really wanted to see was a marching band. That was the highlight for us. He was so excited for it. 


Camilla was not giving up her candy for anything! 


We decided to walk a few blocks over to a shaved ice place and get snow cones instead of stick around. They were delicious and refreshing, just what we needed. 



After we got home we went swimming for about an hour at the gym. It wasn't great weather for swimming outside so we went to the kids favorite pool at the gym and let them have fun swimming there. Then after naps we headed out to Round Rock again to see the festival and get ready for fireworks. It was SO crowded but we just walked around and hung out for 3 hours until the show started. They had some fun stuff there as well. I was already so worn out by this point, Aaron had to do most of the playing with the kids. 



We waited a LONG time for the fireworks to start. The kids ran around and played and were making fireworks of their own with grass. 



Finally the show began. It was worth the wait. I LOVE fireworks and so did the kids. 






Then on Friday we went with a group of our friends to Blue Hole. We had such a great time, despite the cold temps in the water. We love Blue Hole and have so much fun just hanging out with friends, eating food, and occasionally climbing in the water. 



Aaron had to show everybody up on the rope swing again this year. Here he is warming up. 


Making the jump. 


Success!



I opted to make my jumps from the tree. 






The water was freezing but felt good. 


We did a lot of running around and throwing the ball with the kids.




Camilla thought the water was a little too cold for her liking.
 

We were all so worn out by the end of the day and our late night the night before. Carson and Camilla crashed in the car and slept until after 6, which of course made for a fun late night. :) I crashed on the couch while Aaron was putting the kids to bed. It was such a fun couple of days but I made Aaron promise me that on Saturday we could spend some time at home.

2 comments:

Miriam said...

Loved this update, your family is so so beautiful! Your children are so adorable! Xo

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

Yay!! SO fun to catch up on your blog! You're inspiring me that I should eventually catch up on mine too. So I really don't think we should be pregnant at the same time...you look FABULOUS!! Note to self not to compare our bellies. :)
Your kiddos have gotten so big and are seriously BEYOND adorable! No doubt the new babe will follow in her sibling's footsteps. Love ya!