Monday, December 6, 2010

Eclipse

So I finally watched Eclipse this weekend. I know what you are thinking: what! how could you wait that long, didn't you love the books??? Well as you know Aaron and I are very cheap. Pretty sure we haven't paid full price to see a movie since the last Bourne movie, the summer of '07, and that is fact. Yes I did love the books but the movies have been a huge disappointment for me. I fell asleep during the second one and don't even get me started on the first. I admit that they are getting progressively better but I had such high hopes for these movies. While this one was the best so far, I cannot get over the horrible acting. I mean seriously, I swear Bella intentionally tries to act bad in these movies. Like she's too good for them and wants everyone to know it and Edward (who I think was very good looking in Harry Potter) just doesn't do it for me. Aaron thinks Jacob is the worst actor but I say at least he actually seems like he tries.... So I have decided to re-cast the movie.

Edward: Zac Efron - now say what you will about him but no one can deny that he is one beautiful guy. When me and Aaron watched 17 Again, Aaron said, "I'm sorry but that guy is so pretty, its sick." Of course a River Runs Through It Brad Pitt would have been my first choice.
Bella- Jessica Alba - now I know she's not the best actress in the world, but so beautiful and could pull off a teenager with the right make up. Also she could pull off a more simple teenager and then made more beautiful.
Jacob: This is a hard one. So I must go back in time to a younger Daniel Day-Lewis. Have you seen the scene in Last of the Mohicans where they come and get him out of bed to take him to prison? He isn't as native american looking as Jacob but he could pull it off.
Those are the main ones that bother me, but I would like to change Rosalie... I'm just not sure to who.... I know I'm a total dork but imagine the possibilities if these movies had good acting in them. I guess I just built up the characters too much in my head.

7 comments:

Kari said...

Yeah, I was so not into the 3rd movie because I was just sick of Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson.

Aaron said...

I think its time for a part-time job.

Jalei & Lane said...

I haven't seen Eclipse yet either! I just found out we're getting it on Netflix tomorrow, so I'm pretty excited.

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel better I still haven't seen Eclipse. It's on my netflix queue, but it's toward the bottom and I have no intention of moving it higher :)

Christy said...

Awesome!!
That is great. I thought we were the only ones who refuse to pay full price for movies. It is a good thing our movie theater has free kid movies in the summer otherwise Emory might have to wait till she starts dating so someone else can pay for her to go see a movie.:)

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

Oh Haley - okay so Aaron's comment made me laugh out loud! And I hear you on the recasting! The only one I like is Bella's dad. And did you know about my total teenage crush on Zac?? Evan rolls his eyes every time I make him watch 17 Again - you know - because I own it. Ps I totally want a Christmas card - let me know if you don't have my new address.

Ashley said...

Um, just about to get on her to let you know about Rebecca's obsession with Zac, but looks like she's got that covered already ;). Haha. So I've been SUPER lame sauce about commenting and blogging in general, but I really do read yours all the time. And love it.

I am a Jacob fan myself, in the books. But the movies KILL me. I can't watch them. I think Bella/Kristen Stewart is horrible - and why no one else says so is beyond me. I can't watch these movies either - Logan rented Twilight via redbox once and I refuse to watch them with him. Though if they recasted, I might rewatch ;)