Monday, June 7, 2010

Utah


Last week Aaron and I took a week-long trip up to Utah to visit our families and we had such a great time. There is nothing more beautiful than Utah in the spring time, it is seriously perfect weather every day. It was so nice to escape the record breaking heat here in Dallas. We spent the first half of the trip with Cory and Delaney and loved seeing their new place. It was so fun to see my little brother all married and happy, I loved it. We ate lots of good food (including Cafe Rio, of course) and played Settlers just about every night. We visited BYU and felt very nostalgic as we walked around campus (not to mention, old, did I really look that young when I went to college, I remember feeling old and mature? :) Aaron and Cory played golf every day. We visited our friends Mim and Allan and met their new baby boy. Then we spent the second half with Aaron's brother Jedd and his family up in Kayesville. Here we went on bike rides and hikes and runs. Aaron played golf and tennis. We went shopping and ate great food, had BBQs and stayed up late talking. It was seriously such a fun trip and so great to spend every day with Aaron. Carson got so attached to Aaron during the trip it was a rough seperation when we got back home and Aaron had to go back to work. Besides being a nightmare sleeper (and I mean nightmare) Carson was a very good little traveler and, of course, a great eater. I started having to order him kid's meals when we ate out because he just eats too much of my food now. We sure miss Utah and those beautiful mountains, maybe I need to make a trip up there when its snowing. :)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jen said...

What is it with babies sleeping terribly when they travel?
It looks like you had fun otherwise and I can't believe how grown up that little guy is. In every picture he looks so happy...and very busy!

P.S. No Cafe Rio in Texas? Ugh, that stinks.

Christine said...

sounds like such a fun trip--especially Cafe Rio.
I can't believe Carson is almost 1!

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

Yay for fun trips - I love going to Utah. It always feels like such a blast from the pat. And Your baby boy is getting so big - way to go on the walking Carson!

Allan said...

It was soo good to see you guys.
mim