Friday, February 26, 2010

In less than 24 hours...

I will be lining up with a lot of other crazy people, jogging in place to keep warm, queuing up the Ipod, searching for the porta potties, checking out the crazy costumes and the adorable running gear, telling myself one last time that I can do this, trying to get to know the people around me, feeling a little bit naked without a leash in my hand and big white dog wagging her tail ready to get started, looking for my friends, thinking of Carson and hoping he is okay, going over the course in my head, praying the wind will die down, waiting for the countdown...3...2...1... 26.2 miles.

8 comments:

Kari said...

you're crazy! good luck! too late to wear one of these: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=41393655

Jalei & Lane said...

Good luck! You'll do great!

Colorado Oldroyds said...

Good luck, hope your toes don't fall off.:) Just kidding, what an amazing accomplishment you'll now have the bragging rights for.

Laney said...

This is so exciting! Good luck! Cory and I will be thinking about you. Well, I will, and I will remind Cory to remember :) Yay for being done after tomorrow. You can eat ice cream again!!

Lauren said...

That is so awesome! I am amazed you were able to train for this and take care of a baby! Good luck and I can't wait to hear how it goes.

Jen said...

Way to go! You should be incredibly proud of yourself. I keep toying with the idea of a half marathon. 26 miles is a whole other ball game. You'll do great! Best of luck!!

Christy said...

That is awesome! Good Luck.

allirasmussen@gmail.com said...

hope it went ok! you crazy runners ha ha ha i wish i had the mental capacity to try! ;)