Monday, February 15, 2010

How the Piersons do Snow Days

So last Thursday morning we woke up and thought, "wow, look at all this now!" It was just so amazing and we just had a blast with it. We took Carson out to take pictures and Aaron got to work from home and we just had so much fun. I love running in the snow and Josie couldn't have been happier.
Then Friday morning we woke up to WAY more snow!! It was WAY more fun. I just can't believe here in Texas we got all this snow, I mean seriously, Texas, I feel like I don't even know you anymore. Snow in Texas affects us so much because we just aren't used to it or ready for it. So here's a little look into how the Piersons do a snow day, all of us since Aaron got to stay home from work. It was seriously such a fun weekend!
Josie ran around like crazy all over everyones' yards.
Carson stayed bundled up under Aaron's jacket.
Aaron and Josie built a snowman. We can't wait for Carson to be old enough to enjoy stuff like this. Josie wasn't so helpful, in fact, she ate one of the Oreo eyes. :)
Me and Carson stayed warm inside in our pajamas while they built the snowman.
Then we went out to take pictures of the boys with the snowman. Carson really liked the snow.
Then we found out that my parents lost all their electricity and it stayed out for the whole weekend! And Cory and Delaney were here visiting for the weekend and so we had a house full of visitors, which made our weekend even more fun! Carson was just spoiled with attention from his grandparents and I'm pretty sure he didn't get put down all weekend. No wonder this kid shows no interest in crawling. :) We made big meals, went out for breakfast, played games, stayed up late talking, and ate fabulous desserts.

And to finish it off we went to hear Chad Spitzer speak in church because he just got home from his mission in Chile. It was a great end to a crazy weekend.

I thought I was going to cry this morning when Aaron went to work because I just had so much fun having him home so much, we really miss him. But alas life has returned somewhat to normal, the sun is back out, its just me and Car Car here at the house...the only remnants we have left are a few puddles, a muddy back yard, a tall pile of dirty laundry, a very full refrigerator, and one very, messy house.

4 comments:

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

What a fun weekend! I'm with you - who are you TX? Who knew y'all could get so much snow! I'm moving south where there's snow days. Chicago expects you to just deal and drive in it. Down with Chicago. :)

ambyr said...

it was sooo good to see you and you did a FABULOUS JOB singing..... ok, so I was thinking when we have some warmer days...like lots of cute layers though...that I could snap some pics of carson..... I just want to make sure he isn't crawling yet!!!! so he won't run away from me!!!! HA!!! let me know!!! I loved seeing him and of course you!!!

Jen said...

Don't you love that most baby sweaters have little ears on the hood?
I've been hearing about all the snow down there, and oddly enough there's none up here.

P.S. In your last post, I love the picture of Carson with his hand on his face. You need to blow it up and frame it. So cute!

The Castletons said...

looks like you guys had a fun weekend! love the banana nose on the snowman. way to improvise. haha.