Monday, November 23, 2009

Advice

Now trust me, I know, when you have a baby you need to be ready to take in advice, LOTS of it. I was fully prepared for this and welcomed it since I had no idea what I was doing. I also planned ahead to just take it in stride and know that there are many different parenting styles that work well and each person probably feels their way was the best. I have many times, let the "this is how you should hold your baby", " he's hungry", "oh you should feed him like this", comments roll right off my back. I even took it from people who don't have any babies, babies younger than Carson, Aunts, men, etc. You get the idea. But now that I've got Carson on a schedule I love, he sleeps great, he's a fabulous eater, I've read tons of books, I feel more confident, kinda like I know what I'm doing a little. Don't get me wrong, I still call my Mom all the time asking questions, I worry about my milk supply, and I'm a regular looking stuff up on Google; but when I have questions I ask. So...random lady in the hospital telling me my son is so hungry, look how he's sucking on his fist so hard, you should really feed him- thanks but he sucks on his fist all the time, I know when he is hungry. And british woman in REI who told me and Aaron to take Carson's carseat off the basket this weekend- pretty sure he's safe in there buckled and latched in.

I mean geez, didn't these women see my husband? Obviously I make very good decisions. :)

3 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

How annoying! I don't mind when people I know give me advice. Even when I have no intention of using it. But when a complete stranger gives me advice, implying that I don't know what I'm doing, then there's a problem! And we put her carseat in the basket all the time!

Jennah said...

Carson is just so adorable! You are one lucky Mommy!

Jen said...

I love that picture of Carson peeking over Aaron's shoulder. Too cute.

(Speaking of unnecessary advice: I had a perfect stranger at the grocery store try to explain to me how to express milk by hand ...she was very loud about it too.)