Wednesday, September 2, 2009

2 months

So Carson had his two month check up this week and I just can't believe he is that old, where does the time go? Quick stats on Carson are:
11 pounds 10 ounces (50th percentile)
23.5 Inches (75th percentile)
This is quite a jump from his 5th percentile and 10th percentile where he was for awhile. He has done a lot of growing and eating these past two months. Other fun things Carson started doing this month:

Smiling, he is such a cheeser. He especially loves to smile right after he wakes up and when he gets his diaper changed. Mom and Dad spend a lot of time talking to him so he will smile at us.
He follows the sound of my voice wherever I go, he always wants to know where I am.

He still has a hard time sleeping during the day, he fights his naps almost every time. And try as I might the easiest way for me to get him to go to sleep is to let him fall asleep in my arms, which I know I will later regret.
Formula is a no go for now. He won't take it and looks at you like what are you trying to feed me? Tylenol on the other hand, he gulps that stuff down. But he will happily take a bottle if it has my milk in it.
He is getting so active, he loves to just move, move, move. Which is so funny because he was so calm in my stomach. I think this means he is going to be a runner. This mat is his favorite place to work out. :)

He is a big show off. In public he just coos and talks to people the whole time.
He can't figure out what this creature is that keeps sniffing and licking his feet. He looks at me very confused when Josie does that.
He sure gets more fun all the time and I sure enjoy having someone who is forced to listen to every word I say. :)

His nursery is coming along. He has taken a few naps in his crib. Aaron says he's not sure he'll be ready for Carson to start sleeping in his nursery anytime soon. He sure loves having our sweet boy right next to our bed.

We were lucky enough to have Aaron's parents in town this past weekend and so we got a few shots when they were here with Carson.

9 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

I like his name on the wall. I let Elliot fall asleep in my arms too. I just love to hold on to her!

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

Oh he is getting big!! I love this age - where they're smiling and more alert and loving their mama! And I love your house - love all the brick!! Makes me want a house bad! :)

Ashley said...

Okay really?? Here's hoping our little guy comes out 1/2 as cute as Carson, because I can't handle how cute he is. Seriously - oh he's edible and you look like you've got the whole new mom thing down pat, like I knew you would!

Ashley said...

oh and seriously, loved that Josie post - it made me want a dog.

Melissa said...

So cute!!! I have been thinking about you guys too and want to meet Carson! Pierson has been sick foe he past 6 weeks but is hopefully on the mend so we can get together soon.

One thing about formula. Pierson wouldn't take it either and I thought he never would and then a friend told me to try Similac Soy and he took it with no problem at all.

ambyr said...

just one question....how does aaron fit into any hollister shirts? mark tried on some shirts at abercrombie and the xxl was even too small!! is hollister better? HA! love the pictures!! I need to come see you. We go to my mom's every monday now.....miss ya!

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

Wow, he's grown! I can't believe it! You guys are doing such a great job. I'm counting the days until I can kiss and hug that little guy again. :)

Haylee said...

ok! He is adorable, and you are tinsy... how did you do that so fast? And I love how you decorated his room. That is precious. You guys look great!

Anonymous said...

i love all the pics of carson. he is such a cute little guy. hope you're all doing well! it's amazing how fast these little guys grow up. cole is 1 tomorrow...the time just flies by!