Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Little Getaway

This past weekend Aaron and I had a little getaway to the Sanford Inn. Its this cute this hotel/inn about 5 minutes from our house. :) I really wanted to have our wedding reception there but they were, of course, booked. Who knew so many people get married in June...:) So Aaron decided it would be a nice surprise for us to stay there the last weekend before his busy season started. It was so incredibly nice. We stayed in this little cottage and I just loved it. Aaron took the first part of the CPA exam that day so he didn't get there until after 8 but I went early to enjoy it. I took a long bath with jets, laid back on my bath pillow, and read a book. I turned on the fireplace and took a nap in the bed. I just soaked it all up. Then after Aaron got there we ate one of our favorites, Indian food, toasted Aaron finishing the fist part of the exam, and enjoyed just relaxing. I really hated leaving that place, I asked Aaron if we could afford to move in. :) Shocking, I know, but we can't.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh my fabulous looking hotel!! What a fun and romantic idea....I would've done the exact same thing, getting there early. Everything from the bubble bath, reading, and fire sounded right up my alley. I think it has been YEARS since I've taken a bubble bath! For some reason hotels seem cleaner and nice to me than our own apartments, even though I try to clean like crazy. So glad y'all could have fun getting away. And congrats to Aaron on getting his exam out of the way!

CK Morgan said...

what a cute place. even better that it was a cottage. that's nice that you got some time together before he has so much work to do. i see you didn't take Jo :). She probably would have enjoyed the jetted tub too!

Aaron said...

That is, by far, the gayest picture of me in anyone's possesion.

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

How fun you guys! Life has a way of getting busier :) and this is probably the perfect thing to do. You'll have to make sure and show me and Adam this place when we get down there.

Jalei & Lane said...

Sounds wonderful! Did you cut your hair? In this picture it looks like it's short w/ bangs...like a cute little flapper! I need a picture!

Rachelle said...

I'm wondering too...did you cut bangs?? It looks like it in the pic and you look hot!

P.S. Aaron's comment=hilarious.