Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Manliest of Men....well most of the time.

So my manliest of men husband finished building a fence in the backyard on Saturday. He worked so hard on it and it took a few weeks since he only had time to work on it on Saturdays. We are so happy to finally be able to put our puppy in the backyard, it has made life much easier on us. Aaron did this fence completely and totally by himself. The biggest help I gave was going to Home Depot and nodding when he pointed out stuff. I think I might've even fallen asleep waiting for him while he was asking lots of questions. So he still needs to make the gate and a few other things but he did such a great job!!
And of course wherever Aaron is little Jo isn't far behind. She kept trying to help. So just when you're thinking I have a super burly husband, I have to share the funniest story. So a little bit ago I fell asleep after work on the couch at like 6:30. When I woke up I could hear Aaron's voice but I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. I started listening closely and realized he was talking to our puppy. Just chatting with her and loving her. Smiling, I begin to follow the voice and realize he is in the bathroom and I can also hear some music going. I walk in and find my husband in the bath tub. It was so funny! Mind you my hubby is 6' 3" and our bathtub is not the large ones. He said he just felt like taking a bath. I have gotten so much entertainment from this event.

I don't want everyone to be totally jealous of me :) so I won't post of a picture of this, but here is one from when I walked in the room at night and found Aaron asleep on the floor with our Jo.

7 comments:

Haylee said...

Oooh, I am so excited to know about your blog... this is excellent. Your little puppy is to die for, I adore him... her? Anyway... that is very impressive... Jon couldn't even put our blinds up, I had to do it. Haha.

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

Ohhh too funny - that story was hilarious!!

YAY for the fence - that's got to be soooo nice for y'all.

carly said...

Okay, A) I'm way impressed that Aaron built a fence! Seriously. And that's so cute how he talks to Jo...you guys are adorable!!

Jen said...

Oh Haley. How many times we've repaired our fence due to our little escape artists.
P.S. I think the reason you have a "super burly husband" is because you're a dead sexy wife.

Jalei & Lane said...

That is the sweetest picture!

Rachelle said...

1. Jo is HUGE! (at least she looks a lot bigger than the time I saw her when you brought her to lunch at Kneaders)

2. The fence looks great, Aaron!

3. Loved that Aaron even had music playing as he was taking a bath. So funny.

ambyr said...

hey!!! Oh my word I loved reading how aaron just wanted to take a bath!!! what a handy guy....I swear if both our husbands could work together, they could build a lot of crap. maybe we could be rich?! or maybe aaron just wants to stick to being a CPA and not a construction worker. Our home is almost guest welcomed, so maybe in a coulple weeks yall can come over and have dinner!