Tuesday, March 13, 2018

February part 2


So a big part of our February was my girl's  trip to Mexico!! My Mom put together a girl's trip for all the women on the Carroll side to Playa Del Carmen and we had so much fun. It was a crazy few days getting ready to go before I left and B helped me run errands and get ready to go. 


Before I left I got all the valentines ready to go since I would be gone on Valentine's Day and Aaron would have to handle all the parties and valentines while I was gone. 


Well the trip started off with a major hiccup when I accidentally took the only set of keys we have with me to the airport and thankfully realized it before I took off. I left the keys at the front desk and Aaron had to borrow a truck from a neighbor and drive to the airport with all the kids to get them. It was quite an adventure. 


We made it to Mexico late on Saturday night and woke up to these views. 



Breakfast on the beach before church. 


Church in Mexico. 


Walking around town. It was such a cute little town. Just walking around was some of my favorite parts. 


Having dinner on the town, a french restaurant.


Walking down the main street.


Casey and I did a tour of Chichen Itza, it was amazing and I loved it. 


Hanging out in the hammocks while we check out some Mayan culture.


We also went to a Cenote and swam and this was also so beautiful and so much fun. I went off the cliff over and over. I loved swimming in the clean water. 



Of course many fancy drinks were had. 


And many miles were run. 


Our last day we rented a car and drove to Tulum, it was breathtaking. It is a tiny town but the water is unreal there. We rented some chairs and just lounged so pretty much my favorite thing to do. 



Sadly all good things must come to an end, our last dinner in Mexico.


This was an amazing trip and I had so much fun, thank you Mom for making this happen!! 


Meanwhile Aaron did such a great job with the kids. Got everyone to church, on time no less!


They had dinner with the Baldwins and with the Johnsons. Our friends took such good care of them.  


Aaron did such a great job taking care of the kids and working. Spencer was a lot of work, I really owe him. :)  


Wii babysitter. :)  


Aaron and I did a late Valentine's Day date. We went running around town lake and then out to dinner at Flower Child. It was a good one.  


Aaron's parents came and spent a few days with us. We had a lot of fun. It was as quick trip to visit. They came so that Aaron's Dad could ordain him a High Priest because he got called into the bishopric in our ward. It was such a special weekend and one that I would love to bottle up and keep. My parents also came for the weekend and we just had a magical time. It was like the spirit was just with us the whole time. 


The weather was perfect and we spent the evenings outside. I just love this picture. I heart these kiddos. 

j

Aaron went with the youth for a ward temple trip and I had a party with the kids. We always go to the park, I am not super creative but the kids had a lot of fun. 


And crafts, of course. 


Aaron took Carson on a date. They went bowling. 


And of course got a special treat because if you don't the date doesn't count. :)


They had a petting zoo at Brooke's preschool so I took Spencer up there to check it out. I was so worried that he was going to throw the animals but he surprised me and was actually totally sweet to them. 



This is what my scripture study looks like most days. A little girl right next to me, reading. I love her so. Please don't ever go to school Brookey. 


Soccer is getting going! The girls are so excited to both be playing and Spencer wants to be a part of it so very badly. 


Such a fun month! 

No comments: