Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Kicking off February

February may be the shortest month of the year but we made sure and jam pack it with lots of fun. 

Camilla made Carons a very sweet Valetine’s card. I love it and I love the sweet relationship they “mostly have.”


Aaron and I ran in the Hot Chocolate 15k in Dallas. We drove down on Friday afternoon, barely made it in time to drop me and the kids off while Aaron went to the expo and got our bibs. We went to bed early and got up early to get the run in. It was a beautiful, cold morning. 


Aaron had an awesome race and so did I. After I finished I turned around to find him and he was doing awesome and we finished together, except I could barely keep up! He was really flying. It was so much fun to do a race together and so grateful that my parents took such good care of the kids.


They had plenty of bananas and hot chocolate to enjoy after the race. 


I was pretty happy with my results. :)

While we were off running, my Mom took the girls to get their nails done and then to do crafts at MIchaels. They had so much fun and couldn’t stop talking about it after we got home. My Dad took the boys to get donuts and play video games, pretty much Carsons favorite thing ever. 






After we got home I hurried to head to the temple and Aaron took the kids over to Adam and Cassie’s house to see their cousins. We were super lucky because his parents and Lindsey and her family were all in town to go to the temple so we also got to spend time with them. It just ended up being such a fun weekend. The kids were so happy to see so much family. It was pretty much a perfect weekend. 



Any day that begins with a great run is a win for me! This race was a huge confidence boost for me for my half marathon in one month. 


Oh and I can’t leave out what handful this one is at stores lately. He won’t sit in the cart and this kid is never in a hurry to do anything, except eat. He just takes his time snacking and checking out the store. Everyone at the stores thinks he is so cute (which he is) and so funny (also true). This kid really has me on my toes, he is quite the charmer and has us all wrapped around his finger. 


But by the end of Costco I am like you better just stay in the cart, or else. 


Aaron continues to be the best dad. Comes home from works and immediately goes into Dad mode, running around with the kids, having dance parties, and snuggling to read books. It is no surprise that they run and give him the biggest hugs each night when he gets home. 


Camilla had a fun study trip to Krispy Kreme. She was so excited to tell us all about it and loved eating her donuts. 


Love my afternoons with Brooke. She comes in during quiet time and reads to me and snuggles with me. Sometimes I tell her that I need to lay down and take a rest and she just lays next to me an gives me kisses. I never want this one to go to school. 


Camilla with David at the study trip.


Millie is still doing gymnastics and she works hard at it. She does cartwheels all over the house and is getting pretty strong. I love watching her work hard at something. 


And of course Spencer wants to do anything the girls are doing. 


Park fun. Camilla would give the shirt off her back to make this boy happy. 



Alright February, that’s a wrap!



No comments: