Thursday, November 5, 2015

Happy Halloween!

This year our Halloween started off with Carson's Fall Fest at his school. The kids were so excited for this and they had a blast. They did the bounce houses, the games, ate all the crummy food and Carson did the giant ball. Carson said his favorite part was the haunted house and Camilla said her favorite part was the cake walk. This is the only picture that I took... not my best performance. 


Then we went to the Baldwins for dinner. It is so nice to have friends who do all the cute Halloween stuff that I don't. :) Jeana made mummy pizza, eye balls, apples with teeth, blood punch, and frozen banana ghosts for dessert. Kids LOVED it. 


Then it was time to get door knocking. The Dads took the kids and the big girls handed out the candy so the Moms got to just relax. Loved it! 

Millie and Jane. Elsa and Elsa. 


The cutest owl there has ever been. 


My heart can hardly take this picture. 


The whole crew. Carson did not want to dress up. He didn't put on his hat, refused to carry his club but you know what...he still got candy from everyone so I think he learned his lesson :) 


These two held hands the whole time. It sure is nice that my kids are best friends with my best friends' kids. 


This pony tail. 


It was a successful night. Candy buckets filled. 

So I had heard of this idea called a switch witch. Where the kids write a note and she comes and takes all their candy and leaves them a present. I talked it up big time to my kids. They weren't so interested. I had to make a few gift suggestions and suddenly they were ready to write her a note. 

Carson's:

Dear Switch Witch,
I am Carson Pierson. I am 6 years old. My address is , Austin, TX. I got lots of really good candy when I went trick-or-treating with my friends. I want to keep 6 Laffy Taffy's. I will trade you all the rest if you bring me a Mario Brothers action figures.

If you agree to my trade, leave my present in my living room after I go to bed on Monday. I will leave my candy there. 

Sincerely, 
Carson Pierson 

Camilla's: 

Dear Switch Witch,
My name is Camilla Pierson. I am 4 years old. I live at , Austin, TX. I would like the Cupcake Celebration Playset that has cupcakes and Playdoh and a fancy holder. I will leave my candy in the living room. It is in a bowl and it is very good candy. 


Thank you
Camilla

The Switch witch delivered in full. Plus some big girl undies for Brooke. The kids loved it and you know what, they haven't mentioned their candy since it went away. Now Mamma knows best and kept all the good stuff and Aaron took a bunch to work and of course with potty training coming up I'll be needing a decent stash. 

Also Carson lost a tooth at school and so the tooth fairy came the same night! The kids are not sure if the two know each other or ran into each other. :) 

No comments: