Monday, July 13, 2015

New York City!!!

So after the fourth of July we left our kids with my parents and Aaron and I head off to New York City for a little get away to celebrate our 8th anniversary. Oh my goodness we had such a great time. I am beyond grateful to my parents for taking on 3 little ones. My kids had so much fun and I enjoyed the break, a lot. :)

After we got to NYC our room wasn't quite ready so we set off to explore the city some. We hung out by NYU and listened to a piano performer in the park. He was awesome. 



Then we walked over to watch some street performers and walk around the parks there. 


When we got to the hotel we were upgraded to a suite and had chocolate covered strawberries and champagne waiting for us. (There are not a ton of perks to having a husband who travels for work but his status at hotels and airlines is one of them :) 


That night we ate at a really popular noodle bar. It was yummy but the wait was long so while we waited we head over to a pizza joint that I noticed had a lot of people and split a piece of pizza. OH MY GOODNESS this pizza, I dream about it. It was so delicious. 


Monday morning Aaron had off work so we went for a long run to check out the town. We ran along the coast and it was beautiful. Filled with parks and boats. We went to the park where they take off for the Statue of Liberty so we could see that. 


We ran through Chinatown and then we ran to the Manhattan Bridge and ran over it. 


This took us into Brooklyn, which we loved. 


Then we grabbed smoothies on the way home (I ate a lot of smoothies on this trip.)


There was lots of lounging in the hotel and hanging out. After we finally got dressed we waited in line at Shake Shack and had burgers, fries and shakes. 

Then we entered lotteries for shows and won for Kinky Boots. It was a great show and we had a lot of fun. 


Then on Tuesday Aaron had to go to work. I went to a boot camp class in town, loved it! Then I walked around and went shopping before I met Aaron for lunch. We switched hotels for the next night so I got us all moved and then I went to Times square to get tickets for us to see Wicked that night!!! 

We got great seats. 


I so, so love this show. 



Then on Wednesday Aaron and I did an early morning boot camp class together and then after he went to work I walked to Central Park and walked around and read for awhile. Then after lunch I did a session at the Manhattan temple. It was beautiful. 


Then it was time for me to go get my babies. It went by so fast. 

So I had to document my salad. There is this delicious salad place in New York called chop't. I was obsessed with it. I ate there 3 times while I was there and loved all my salads. I wish they had one of these in Austin, I would eat there all the time. 


My flight back was fine, I was so tired and when I came outside to find my Dad at the airport Millie was with him waiting for me. I was SO happy to see my girl. We slept together and then in the morning I was so happy to be with my kids again. I got everything packed up and drove us back to Austin that afternoon and Aaron flew home that night. 

We had a great trip and I am so happy I went. I think it would be fun to take the kids up there to visit in the fall sometime too if Aaron is still out there. 

Our kids were spoiled rotten while we were gone. Donuts for breakfast were a fan favorite for my kids. 

Love the matching flag shirts my Mom got all the grandkids for the fourth of July.


No comments: