Sunday, December 7, 2014

A special weekend

This weekend I went to California to share some special occasions with Stephen and his family. I left on Thursday morning and spent the day traveling and spending time with the family. It was a laid back day since we were all so tired. But then on Friday it was time to get to work. We had to get everything ready for the baptism and then that night we went to downtown Riverside. I was in love.


We ate dinner and walked around the Mission Inn. It was full of so much fun stuff and shops. It was just delightful. 


We made a stop here:


A "cupcake wars" winner. 

I got the kids each a present while we were there. 

Then on Saturday morning it was Abby's baptism day. It was such a special baptism for a very special girl that I love. I was so happy to be there and for her family to be a part of it. She was so happy with it all and we are so proud of her. 


My Dad had the privilege of baptizing and confirming little Miss A and it was such a tender experience. 


Then after a birthday lunch for Casey's Mom, Lynn, who we all adore we got ready to go to the temple for Casey to take out her endowment. She was very prepared and excited and again such a wonderful experience. The spirit we felt was real and I felt God's love for our family. I was very blessed to be able to be a part of it all. 

I promise this is Casey in front of the Redlands Temple but I could not get the lighting figured out (not a photographer). 


So proud of her as well. 

And while I was away... Aaron moved up to Rock Star Dad status. 


Breakfast Friday morning all together. And after Carson got off to school a lot of cuddling in bed together happened.



Somehow Aaron managed to pull off a work meeting on his computer, Millie in dance class, and Brooke at the same time. 



Bike rides all together. 


Late night movies together. 


Hey kids get to pick out their own clothes right? :)


Now Aaron can't take the credit for this one. My friend, Jeana, kept the girls on Friday while Aaron was at work and they had so much fun playing at the open gym. 


And of course Baldwins' house means Frozen dress up. 


Friday night Aaron braved our church Christmas party alone. I'm pretty sure Millie was more than a handful and pictures were tough to come by. 

But on Saturday morning he was ready to go at it again and took the kids to a Christmas party at the Domain (a large outdoor shopping center).  



Followed by a trip to Walnut Creek park and then Saturday night Frozen Yogurt (their favorite). 



I'm telling you my kids did not miss me one bit. 


I missed them like crazy and when we were reunited I could not help but cover them with hugs and kisses. It took Carson about 3.5 second to find the glow in the dark light sabers I brought home for them and I lost them again but I am happy to be back. 

No comments: