Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Phoenix Marathon


Yes and imagine a matching ones on the other foot, even bigger but it burst around mile 23. And blisters underneath those blisters.

 Yes I have pictures of me running this race, not looking horrible, and crossing the finishing line. I have a couple of pictures of me and my friend Jamie smiling together at the finish line. She's wearing her Boston Qualifier hat and smiling about her 3:28 finish, I'm just trying to keep walking. I will post them maybe someday, when I am happier about the race. I crossed the finish line in 3:40 with a total meltdown the last 7 miles. I fell apart, I just got so tired and mentally couldn't keep myself going. I'm disappointed in my race but that's how they go sometimes. I had a really hard week leading up to it without one full night's sleep and I just wore out. The first half of the race went great, me and Jamie had a great time, around mile 15 I started slowing down and she pulled ahead of me but we were still close and then it was mile 19 - I just stopped for no reason out of nowhere and it was downhill from there. (not on the course, it was flat, flat) I learned the hard way in my Cowtown marathon to not let myself walk for very long or I would never get going again. But I just couldn't get myself motivated. I missed having Aaron and my kids there and we agreed I will never do another marathon without them, at least that's what we are saying now. 

Some races are great, some races aren't. This just wasn't my day. But I will seek redemption some day...

No comments: