Monday, November 21, 2011

How to take a walk

So let me just say we like to take walks around this house. I like them a lot, Camilla likes them okay, Carson would like to go on two walks a day, and Josie, well she would go on a walk any time we would take her. Well before Camilla was born I had the walk thing down. Carson likes to take long walks, unbelievably long, but it didn't really matter because it was just us and Josie and Carson just walked, didn't ever use a stroller. Well now we have Camilla and everything has changed!

First, I tried using my double stroller. I have a sit n stand stroller, which I love, but its not so great for walking really. I didn't really like pushing it so much.

Second, I tried just letting Carson walk and putting Camilla in the jogging stroller that is so much easier to push. Well Carson didn't like Camilla being in the stroller without him. All the sudden he wanted to be in a stroller and not walk. Sometimes he insisted upon pushing the stroller, without any help.
Third, I tried putting Camilla in the carrier and pushing the stroller for when Carson wanted to get in the stroller - that was a lot of work! Plus Camilla is getting big to carry around and she always falls asleep in the carrier, even when I don't want her to.

Fourth, I tried leaving Josie behind and went back to the double stroller. But I felt so guilty and when I came back one time she was waiting with her little nose poking out under the fence. Plus Carson loves walking with Josie and would ask for her the whole time.

Fifth, I tried pulling the wagon. That way Carson can get in when he wants and there is room for him and Camilla, plus room for water, snacks, etc. The wagon is also easy to pull.
So I think for now we have a winner, lucky number 5. I think I will like this better when Camilla can actually sit up. I'm so glad we got this all figured out just in time for the cold weather. :)

No comments: