Friday, July 15, 2011

Pregnancy Update

So I have not kept track of this pregnancy like...at all. Just a quick update as we close in on D-day. I have 13 days until my due date...13. I am just so anxious I can hardly stand it. With Carson I was just laid back and ready whenever he was ready. This time I'm like, "get out, get out, get out." Just to quote my favorite show Friends. This pregnancy has been so different. Being sick for 9 months has not been fun. I think I just kept thinking...I will feel better at 20 weeks, 25, maybe 30... and then it just never came. Now I am to the point where I just can't wait to eat food after the baby comes, I mean think how good it is going to taste to eat whatever I want and not be sick afterwards!
We are so excited for a little girl, I can not wait to put up pictures of the nursery when it is done. I got the cutest bedding, I love how we painted and her crib just got here this week. Clothes are everywhere in this house. We have been so blessed with people giving us clothes and I got adorable things are my shower. I am loving the girl clothes, I mean they are just so cute. I could spend an entire paycheck at baby Gap in about 10 minutes.
At my 38 week check up I was dilated to almost a 3 but my doctor didn't seem to think labor was coming any time soon. He will induce if I make it to my due date...if I want. I really want to go into labor on my own but I think if I go that far with no baby I will just be so anxious for her to come that I will go ahead and induce. Plus I am delivering at the world's busiest hospital (perhaps an exaggeration) but I have to be on a waiting list to get induced anyway and if I go into labor on my own they have to take me.
They have been worried about her being small a couple of times here at the end so I had a sonogram at 34 weeks and 37 weeks but she looks just right about 6lbs at her 37 week so she's not small, I'm just carrying her differently and so I am not measuring as big. I had a rough couple of weeks around 36-37 because I got sick twice. Plus I had acid re flux really bad and that made it worse because I couldn't keep food down, like not even crackers. But I have gotten new meds and my cold is now gone so I am actually feeling much better for these last 2 weeks.
She has been so active, so much more than Carson. I hardly ever felt Carson move but little girl is on the go all the time. It is so fun to feel her spinning around and kicking me. She gets the hiccups a lot and I think its so funny. I always think I can tell if its her hand or foot I am feeling. She doesn't keep me up at night but the evenings are her most active time. I am just so anxious to see what she will look like!! We are pretty for sure on the name but don't want to say until we are 100% which won't happen until she is born I think.
Carson doesn't seem to notice anything is going on but I keep trying to take him into the baby's room and talk about the baby. Then he just says, "baby" and gives my belly a hug. I think he will love her but is going to be very jealous, so I am working on how we can all adjust as a family. It is still so hard for me to believe we will be a family of 4 soon!

6 comments:

Jen said...

It's about time we got a pregnancy update! I've been wondering when you were due and such. I'm so sorry it's been such a miserable pregnancy. I'm sure the minute you hold her it will all be worth it. Can't wait to see pictures of her!!

Miriam said...

Oh my goodness, I feel your pain. I feel like that was just barely me. Oh wait, it was. I wish I could take away all the anxiety and restlessness and PAIN that comes there at the end!
I'm SO excited for your sweet girl, who I'm sure will be beautiful. GOOD LUCK with everything! Hope it goes perfectly. Love you!

Lauren said...

I am so excited for you guys! Good luck with the next few weeks. I hope labor/delivery goes well and that you can eat again! I hope Carson adjusts to the new baby quickly- Can't wait to hear the name!

Happy late birthday- hope you had a great one!

Jalei & Lane said...

I can't believe you only have 13 days left! It has gone by so fast. And you look smaller than I do & I'm only 27 weeks. Not fair.

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

So excited for y'all and this baby girl to come! And now, I'm really doubting putting up the pregnant pic I just took on my blog because you look amazing! And I look HUGE! :) Can't wait for your sweet girl to get here!

Megan said...

Glad she decided to come early and put you out of your misery! And she is adorable!