Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pierson Family Reunion


This year the Pierson Family Reunion was in Arkansas, centered around Grandma and Grandpa's pool. We spent a week with Aaron's family and had a great, hot time. We got to stay with Spencer and Kellie who were so nice to host us the whole week. The week flew by as we had activities planned everyday. On Sunday Aaron's Dad was released from his calling in Church (which is why we all went that weekend) and so we went to church and then had family pictures that evening. Can I just throw in a complaint that I am pregnant all the time in family pictures, like really pregnant, not cute bump pregnant. Then on Monday we went swimming all day and had dinner all together. On Tuesday we went to the Traveler's Game and had the box. It was so fun to watch the game and see Carson be more interested in baseball this year. On Wednesday we had a crawfish boil, but with shrimp and sausage (way tastier) at Amanda and Joshua's house. This was true southern food. They boiled the shrimp and sausage with potatoes and corn and mushrooms. It was seriously so delicious. Then you just throw it out on the table and eat it all with your hands and dip everything in butter. I loved it! Then we celebrated Carson and his sweet cousin Hallie's B-days since they have the same birthday. We did cupcakes and ice cream and the kids ran all over the huge back yard. Then on Thursday, we spent the day at the waterpark, and then all the adults went downtown to see a play while the kids stayed at home with babysitters. It was nice to get out all together. Then on Friday we headed out a day early because I was so exhausted and in dier need of sleeping in my own bed. :) Thanks to Aaron's parents for all the hard work they put into this trip. It was so fun. Never a dull moment with the Piersons. It was so fun to see everyone and especially to meet our newest niece, Emmeline. She was just a few weeks old and as precious as can be. I couldn't believe how tiny she was and that I am so close to having something so tiny in my house. I am so lucky that I enjoy spending my in laws so much, we had a blast!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: