Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Painting and Ice Cream

A couple of months ago I noticed that Carson would sometimes pour his yogurt out onto his plate and then play with it, sliding his hand through it and moving it around. It gave me an idea that he might enjoy some finger paints, so for Valentine's Day that is what I got him. It has taken me awhile to feel confident enough to let him try it out. (I worried he would try and eat it) But I finally set it all up a few weeks ago and let him have a go at it. He thought it was very cool. I need to wait for a warm day and let him play with it on the back porch because then he could really go at it.
Of course even more fun than actually playing is the clean up afterwards. I had to force him out of the murky, green water to eat his lunch.
We also got a lucky surprise one Friday night a few weeks ago and Aaron came home early enough to see Carson. It was even early enough to go outside for about 30 mins. So we met Aaron at the park. (I chose to stay in the car because I was cold)
They played for awhile then we went out to dinner. Well at dinner Carson poured water all over himself and I had to take his pants off, luckily it was just a fast food place. Then on the way home I decided we should stop and get ice cream. Aaron got a milkshake and I'm pretty sure Carson was in heaven. He got two small spoons and a straw and climbed on top of the table to eat. It was so hilarious. I told Aaron that it was probably the most fun Carson has had in a long time, being with his Dad and eating ice cream without pants on, what could be better? Luckily we were at Braum's so his attire didn't stand out entirely. :) Don't go thinking I missed out on all the ice cream goodness because I'm not in any pictures...I just didn't share mine with anyone. :)

1 comment:

Laney said...

i love his little grin in the sink picture. such a cheese! he's a cutie!