Thursday, March 24, 2011

Children's Aquarium

A couple of weeks ago Carson and I headed out to Dallas to see the children's aquarium. It is kinda far away but it was really fun. The aquarium is at the state fair park and I had never been there before. It is really big and since it was a beautiful day, we had just as much fun walking around the park as we did the aquarium. At first Carson was kind of scared of the fish but then after a minute he just went up to each fish tank and wanted to get right up close and see if the fish would come up to his face.
The alligators and turtles would swim right up next to us. They have an outside part where you can touch the sting rays and feed them. I have no pictures of this because Carson threw a F-I-T when I told him he couldn't climb in the sting ray cage and swim with them. Every time I tried putting him down, he just tried to climb right back in. I finally had to carry him out and he was not happy about it. But then we got to walk all around the park and on the walkway that goes over the pond.
After we were all done we met Aaron for lunch since we were in downtown already. Carson was as energetic as ever, all over the restaurant and climbing back and forth between Aaron and me. Carson was very excited to see his Daddy and all this excitement wore the kid and his mom out. We both came home, changed into our pajamas, and took long naps. :)

3 comments:

Kari said...

I have always thought he looked like you, but in that top pic he looks like Aaron.

Lindy said...

I LOVE that first picture! Such a classic little smile. Hope you're doing well!

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

Oh naptime - my favorite time of day. :) And I'm loving your burger/fries tradition for the BYU game. Too bad they're over. I had a pizza tradition myself.