Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Happy New Year!

We had a more low key New Year's Eve this year. Aaron and I were both pretty worn out from our trip and neither of us was up for staying up until midnight, plus it was a Sunday so we tried to keep it a bit more chill. After we got home from church we made make your own burritos (our kids' favorite) for dinner. Then we got ready for our little party. Carson made a schedule of events, it included playing with Spencer before bed, games, Wii, and food. 

The kids had pizza rolls and then instead of a movie we opted for a TV show. Then it was time for the big kids to get to bed. 


The next day Aaron got to work on our island project. He is making a border and put up some beadboard. It looks so great, can't wait for it to be done. 


I was in charge of the kids while Aaron worked on the house and made endless trips to Home Depot. I had so much fun with the two littles. We read books and played games and I loved every second of it. I just love our chill days at home.  


I look forward to a new year. Our family continues to grow and change and I think this will be an exciting year for us. My motto for this year is to "be still." Be still more often and enjoy this time with my babies. To be still and enjoy time with my family more often and recognize what is most important. Just to be still. 

No comments: