Thursday, June 19, 2014

Utah

I kind of feel like I could go on and on about our trip to Utah this year, we had so much fun. First things first...the drive. I was so worried about the drive, I feel like I put more time and energy into preparing for the drive than any other part of our trip. We bought new books and coloring books and games and made about 4 trips to the library in preparation for "the drive." I also spent a significant amount of time on pinterest looking for ideas about traveling with small children. Then we stayed up really late the night before we left doing all the food prep (I didn't want to get any fast food). Well the drive was a success. I mean don't get me wrong, we have 3 kids under the age of 5 so there were some rough moments but overall everyone did awesome. The new van was a lifesaver and the DVD player paid dividends. 

We got to Utah just in time for dinner on Tuesday night and to eat watermelon and play in the backyard. Is there anything greater in the world than Utah summer nights??? Seriously, it was so nice. No mosquitos, you can sit in the grass, and the weather is perfection. 



The next day we went to watch our nephew, Scott, play in the championship baseball game - which they won and Scott hit the winning bunt. 


We had KFC while we watched the game.... life is good in Kaysville. 


We also went to temple square and walked around City Creek. It was so nice, there were new parts of it that we hadn't seen yet. I loved seeing all the cousins together. Our kids just loved playing with their cousins. 



Aaron and Kellie took the girls and Carson on a hike (Camilla was excluded from the activity for extreme tantrum throwing, apparently trips don't make my kids immune from fits. :)




Post tantrum, I had to send Aaron a picture as proof that she had calmed down and Aaron took her on a little "hike" after he got back.


Then we were off to Midway for the weekend, my favorite part! Midway is just the most wonderful place. We were lucky enough to stay in My sister-in-law's family house and had a great time. Jedd bought a blow up water slide and it was a big hit. The kids played on it all day long.




Many popsicles were consumed while jumping on the trampoline. 


Baseball game every night (I am not exaggerating when I say Midway is idyllic)


Tennis and other activities on the tennis court. 


On Saturday the men took all the kids on a walk to the river. 





Then on Sunday Aaron took a few of the kids on a walk to the stream and to swing on the rope swing. I'm telling you, you all need to take a trip to Midway. 






Then the rest of the trip was spent in Kaysville. We played with cousins nonstop, had lunch with Stacy, went to the temple, out to eat, and it SNOWED in the mountains. That's right, it was freezing for a couple of days while we were there, reminding me why I don't live there year round. 




 I can't say enough about how sweet these cousins were to my kids. They were never too cool or annoyed with them, they just played with them and were so nice. Tyler babysat for us one night so we could go out to dinner. 


And then suddenly it was time to make the long drive home. The kids loved spending the night in hotels, swimming and eating breakfast. The last night Aaron had to sleep with Camilla and me with Carson but we made it home! After a lot of laundry, cleaning, unpacking, and a full detail of our car we feel back to normal. 




No comments: