Sunday, March 30, 2014

Volleyball

I don't get to play volleyball very much anymore. I wish that I played more often because each time that I do I am reminded of how much I love it. I have played in a women's league here in Austin and I played a few times while I was pregnant with Brooke in a coed league. Today I played in a tournament through the MBA program. It was a lot of fun. It was a hot day and I haven' t played sand volleyball I years and I mean years. The first time I went up to hit at the net it went straight into the bottom. I forgot how hard it is to jump in the sand. I was on a good team, they would've been good with or without me but we won. I was proud of my trophy. Also proud that I hung with those young kids. (Okay not kids but younger than me and have no kids of their own.) My little family came to cheer me on and I was so proud. Aaron kept the kids all day for me to play in this tournament and I'm grateful that he was so nice about it. Just chalk this tournament up to another thing I love about Austin - active, outdoor fun!
 

No comments: