Saturday, November 10, 2012

Halloween

Okay all of Halloween in one post. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite holidays. Aaron hates Halloween, like passionately so I get to do whatever I want without any interference. We had a party the weekend before Halloween with our friends and I wanted our family to all match so I started looking on the internet for ideas. I wanted a costume that would be cute but also that I could put together myself because we don't have any money and buying costumes at 6.5% interest just isn't worth it...probably. I finally decided on pirates and started going through my kids clothes for some ideas. I also hit up Goodwill and found some great stuff and the dollar store pulled through big time. Aaron didn't do anything, wear anything, I tried rolling up his jeans and doing a few things but it just wasn't working out. So it just ended up being me and the kids mostly but that's okay. They looked adorable. Camilla was more of a fancy pirate, her outfit  inspired by her footless leggings, a gift from my sister-in-law.





The kids perfected their "Arrrr"

At the party the kids had a great time playing outside and eating delicious food. 



Millie was pretty interested in the sleeping baby. 


Carson bypassed the working for your donut and went straight to the eating part. 


We also hit up the Chick Fil-a on their Halloween night (costume-less) with my sister. 



The Monday before Halloween was the kid's party at the Y. It was fabulous, cookie decorating, balloon making, crafts and then to top it all off a bounce house. Carson was loving life. 



Then the big night arrived, finally, phew I was already worn out. I decided to do a switch up on Camilla's costume and turned her into a little newsie. Oh my adorable. We had all these clothes already and it worked out perfect. She was the cutest. She carried around her newspaper and her baby pretty much the whole night. We had a trunk or treat at our church and a carnival too. The kids had a great time. They got their faces painted, played games, went through the haunted house, ate donuts, and ran around. 








This time we made him work for his donut. 


And Millie was not about to be left out of this whole donut eating business. 



We left early so we would have time to knock the doors on our block. Carson was so ready with his "trick or treat" this year and wasn't scared. He did a great job and loved collecting all his candy. 



Finally it was time to dig in!


My kids had a great night. I love Halloween. (Although I'm just throwing it out there that we handed out way better candy than my kids got:)

2 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

Yalls outfits were so cute!

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

Oh my cute!! I'm pretty sure it's not possible for your kids to get any cuter!! Melting seriously. I wish I loved Halloween like you do ... when I look at your fun blog it almost makes me want to. you're such a fun mom.

And we need to talk about how skinny you are. You look amazing!!!!! And how is it possible for you to run a half marathon sooooo fast with not much training???? You're my running hero. :)