Monday, August 8, 2011

"So Sweet"



So I hear this phrase, "so sweet", about 20 times a day so it just had to be the title of this post. Carson is a little too into his little sister and wants to give her hugs and kisses all day long. And he always says, "so sweet" afterwards. Carson can't say her name so he still calls her baby all the time but "sweet baby". And that is just how this little girl has been. She is just the sweetest baby in the world. We are having so much fun with her and enjoying the sweet spirit she brings into our home.
Camilla has been a great eater and a great sleeper. She is a fast nurser-just like Carson. Which I greatly appreciate and makes a huge difference, especially at night. At her two week check up she had already gained just over a pound since she was born and grown to 20.5 Inches. She has reached the 50th percentile for weight, height, and head. She is just perfectly proportioned. But Camilla does have very, very long feet and fingers. Her Grandmothers are already excited that she will be a piano player. Her coloring is so pretty and I am so in love with getting her dressed and putting on bows every day.
I have had such a fabulous recovery. I am feeling really good and just enjoying life with 2 kids. I have spent so much time just holding Camilla and watching her sleep. Aaron took two weeks off from work after Camilla was born and we had so much fun having him home! He seriously earned Dad of the Year awards while he was home. He took Carson to swim or do something fun every morning, giving me time alone with Camilla. He was great about cleaning, running errands, and letting me just rest and relax. Plus my Mom came and stayed with us for a few days and she was a work horse. She cleaned the house, cooked the meals, did the laundry, organized the nursery, and helped with the baby. I so appreciated her help and enjoyed spending time with her. My siblings all came up and visited over the weekend so Camilla has been given a lot of attention and everyone has been entertaining Carson. Aaron's parents also came up for a weekend and it was so fun to spend time with them and introduce them to Camilla. They were here for Aaron's birthday so we got to have such a fun day, eating out and shopping. Carson had so much fun playing and wrestling with his Grandpa.
Our First day home from the hospital:
(Look how tiny she is in my lap)
Grandpa and Aunt Delaney and Uncle Cory:
Spending time with Aaron's parents:
(Eating sushi for Aaron's Birthday)
Sleeping babies are just the cutest:
We did her newborn pictures so I will hopefully have those to post soon, she is already getting so big. She is getting a little chunky, which Carson was never anything but skinny and I think it is so adorable. Camilla is very active and likes to move around a lot and loves when her brother sits by her and sings to her but most of all she likes to be held. :) We sure love our sweet baby.

6 comments:

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

She keeps getting bigger and more beautiful. We can't wait to see her and Carson (and of course you guys) again soon.

Jalei & Lane said...

Can't wait to see her newborn pictures. She is so precious & you look great! Sounds like you guys have been well taken care of. I hope my transition from 1 to 2 is smooth like yours!

The Tidwell Blog said...

What a beautiful baby! She is adorable! And Carson is just the cutest older brother:) I am so happy for you and your family Haley. You look great! I hope all is well!

carly said...

What a beautiful baby girl! You guys look so happy.

Christine said...

I can't wait to see Camilla (and you:) at Chad's wedding--see you next week!

Jen said...

I'm confused, did you just have a baby or get off the runway? You look beautiful and so does that little girl of yours. Congrats!!

P.S. That picture in the post below, of Aaron peeking over looking at Camilla while you hold her? It is the most precious moment I've ever seen.