Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Google This:

Texas Rat Snake


This is what we found in our back yard on Sunday night. It was pretty much the scariest thing ever! After Aaron tried to cut its head off and missed it coiled up and hisses at us, I was freaking out! It was huge, it says they can be up to 6 feet but I would say this one was about 4. Aaron went next door to borrow a hoe from our neighbor and I refused to stay alone in the backyard with it to keep an eye on it and while we were gone, it got away. To where??? Who knows but I send Josie out to do an inspection before we go outside since she found it in the first place. Seriously snakes are scary.

4 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

Gross! At least they're not venomous. Aaron should have kept an eye on him while you went to the neighbors!

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

Ah! Don't tell Adam. I'll never get him to Texas (even though, of course, there are snakes everywhere.) Stay safe!

A Pierson said...

"Texas Rat Snakes are an ill-tempered snake if encountered in the wild, and will readily defend themselves." I feel I am completely justified in not wanting to be around these devil animals. We really want to be near you guys, but this might make me live as far from Frisco as possible. Even though, Aaron and I should know how to handle snakes after seeing so many in Maumelle. Make sure to be careful.

Jen said...

No sir. That is freaky.

P.S. Aren't you glad you have a dog in these situations? We had a few rattlesnake scares last Spring and I sent the dogs out for a quick "yard check" every day.