Tuesday, July 6, 2010

California

My family decided to do a trip this year to California where my brother Stephen lives. We also spent a few nights camping on the beach. Well, some were camping, others (like the Piersons) were in a hotel. It was a busy trip but we had a great time. I have had the hardest time recovering from the trip, we are all still on California time. The unfortunate part of the trip is the lack of pictures. Our camera battery died while there and we could not find the battery charger. Even now we have searched our house and can't find it anywhere. It was a pretty big bummer since while there Carson turned 1 year old and Aaron and I had our 3rd anniversary. (I am really behind on my blogging) A quick summary of the our favorite parts of the trip were: roasting marshmellows on the beach with snickers, twix, milky way, etc.; enjoying the beautiful weather; eating breakfast in downtown HB; seeing our good friends the Castletons and my friend Stacy; our little family stayed by ourselves for a night in Newport Beach and we had a great time; and just being around all my family. Towards the end of the trip several people got food posioning which was no fun but I think everyone has recovered from that. Carson was a fabulous traveler and sleeper and that was so nice! But we are very glad to be home and not traveling for at least a month. :)

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

Happy anniversary! And Happy bday to Carson and to you coming up here...

We just got back from Cali too and it is the HARDEST adjustment back to central time. The first morning back Cade slept in till 1 pm?! Yeah, it's been awkward. Glad y'all had so much fun!

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

Is that Carson?! Wow, he has seriously grown so much. We can't wait to see you guys.

ambyr said...

happy anniversary!!!!!! looks like yall had so much fun in cali....I would have stayed in a hotel too!! HA!!!! ok, I get back on sunday....so let's set up a day where I can capture carson!!!!! ok?!!